Monday, September 10, 2007

Fantasy Hockey Draft Results

Last nights draft was held at TreHernes House. It was a good time, met some new people ate some good food. Draft was long and after a long weekend of baseball i was tired but excited. Here's the breakdown of my pickings:

Centres:

Eric Stall: Stud, love the guy, young still, has good point potential and some talent around him.

Derek Roy: Will be a bit more of a feature in Buffalo, got him in a high round, has good potential.


Nikolas Backstrom: Rookie, Stud, Washington, Ovechkin, Semin. Whats not to like about this guy?

Michael Lombardi: Took him in the 21st round i believe. Solid and safe pick if my top 3 get injured, decent UTL spot.

Tuommo Ruutu: Took him in the 22nd round like his potential.

Right Wings:

Marian Hossa: My first selection in the Draft. Had him pegged at 7, took him at 11, a good day.

Jason Pominville: Buffalo, good pick i think, i like him.

Chris Neil: Did some one say PIM's?

Michelle Oullet: Could be decent, a nice backup and young to boot.

Left Wings:

Rick Nash: Still super young, still really good. I like him.

Jason Blake: A lot of upside, can he live up to the Hype? I hope so...

Ryan Malone: Could be apart of the Crosby, Malkin Line, if so, hes a stud.

Peter Schaffer: Was alright in Ottawa, i like him in Boston, will get more scoring chances.

Defensemen:

Dan Boyle: STUD, second in defensemen Goals, powerplay leader

Kimmo Timmonen: Getting old, but still a solid pick for now.

Paul Mara: Like him, scores and gets PIM's too

Jordan Leopold: Late pick up, has some upside

Cam Barker: Waiting for this one to explode. Winnipeg Kid!!!!

Christian Ehrhoff: Like him in San Jose, can score.

Goalies:

J.S. Giguere: PUMPED, the next big thing in the league, right behind Luongo for long term in my books.

Vesa Toskala: Will start in Toronto, will win 40 Games in Toronto, what more can i ask for?

Manny Legace: 30 game winner, decent backup for me.

Johan Holmqvist: Could start sooner or later, could be decent.

Thats the draft in a nutshell. I like my team, though ill see how well i will fair, i have youth to carry me a long time.

Prospects to note: Angelo Esposito - SUPER PUMPED, i love this kid in Pittsburgh.
Dustin Boyd - Like the guy, could be solid in Calgary.
Milan Lucic - My prospect sleeper, i like his potential

Thanks again to Brad for a wonderful time!

3 comments:

Brad said...

Love your goaltending. I really like Legace this year, as Andy Murray had St. Louis playing stout defensive hockey at the end of last year and Legace thrived. Add Erik Johnson to the mix and things look very good. I expect Holmqvist to start in T-Bay. Would you believe Scuba Steve only took two goalies and one of them is Ilya Bryzgalov, the back-up in Anaheim? I bet he regrets this decision about 2 games into the season.

Scott said...

Lol yeah.

Im happy with my draft, i got a few old guys but mostly young players. The league is pretty even i think, now I just need some luck.

Love Backstrom though, im pumped about that pickup.

Scott said...

I like your vanek, hes a solid player in a position with few good ones.